Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Source of My Problems

I've been thinking about the source of my problems. I've realized it's how uncomfortable I am with myself. Once other people sense how uncomfotable you are, it makes them uncomfortable as well, so they don't wanna hang out with you. I mean I wouldn't like to hang out with a person like myself either. I like people who are pleasant to talk to too. That's right, I'm not pleasant and fun to talk to. In fact, I'm the total opposite. I don't know how to make eye contacts. When I'm talking to someone, all I'm paying attention to is eye contact. I keep thinking the timing of eye contacts. That makes others uncomfortable, that's why they don't wanna be around me.

I don't blame them. It's my problem not theirs. I seriously don't know how or what to say to others. I don't know how to be myself. I have a self that I don't like. It's easy to say if you wanna like other people, you'll have to like yourself first. I understand that logic, but I don't know how to like myself. I'm not always thinking that I don't like myself. I just end up acting that way. Now it's a habit, and I don't know how to change it.

I don't like to end my posting with a negative feeling about life. So I'll say that no matter what happens, I'll keep trying to overcome my problems.

3 comments:

Lula said...

I can relate-it is our problem to overcome. Identifying it sure doesn't make it easy though.

Good for you for ending on a positive note-no matter what, never give up trying.

spacedlaw said...

Reminds me that a phychologist had tried to cure that in me and told me to stand in front of the mirror each morning and tell myself I was wonderful. It did not solve the fact that I do not like mirrors...

I am sure there are plenty of wonderful things about you. You should really try and concentrate on them instead of the negative ones (which is always too easy to do).

Miyonao said...

I agree with both of you. I try not to think about it so much. Just trying to do my thing. Sometiems I can be paranoid thinking that people don't like me too. I don't do that much any more. So at least I have improved!