Thursday, October 9, 2008

Back on Track

I was feeling all better today. That nervousness I had the day before is gone. I'm more relaxed.

Now I completed my first step towards who I want to become by having found a job. So time for the next move! I have no friends in this place. I've got to find ways to make some, maybe some people who are interested in Buddhism as well.

About this job though, it's kind of weird. A co-worker said that the corporate culture of our company is "no culture." Everyone just comes, works, and goes home. Nobody seems to care about others' business or even try to be friendly to you. Well, maybe I'm new and don't know what's going on yet. But that's the feeling I've got from this office so far. No human relationships mean no stress, although it also means no fun. But I think it works out for me right now as I have no people skills at all. I do eventually want to work a job with more challenges and fun though, maybe in the future when I'm more confident.

You all have a good weekend! I will too.

5 comments:

Dan H said...

I'm glad you are feeling better today. It sounds like this job is just a step, not your final destination. I have always been reluctant to form friendships in the workplace, even when there was a very sociable environment.

Anonymous said...

I think you underestimate your people skills. You are probably better at it then you think. Just give it time. You will someone to hang out with. It sounds like my kind of place to work though. Just go in, do your job and leave. I would love that. But I have to admit I did like having some interaction with people. I have found that there are always people you are not going to get along with so great and then there are those that you find some common ground with. Have a great rest of the week.

Lula said...

It does seem weird that there is no socializing-though I'm lucky enough to work for a company that puts great emphasis on family values and teamwork. We celebrate birthdays together, etc...

I am also very lucky to have met my friend Little Wing here-she makes my work days bearable!

Have a great weekend!

Miyonao said...

Hi, guys. I'm trying to make connections with pepole by asking two co-workers who work with me to go lunch with me. So we did. I was a bit nervous and couldn't carry on a enjoyable conversation. But it was a good start. Actually they're very much like me, not so talkative and out-going. Maybe this is the kind of people who fit to this working environment.

Lula said...

Good for you! That seems like a very brave step-and you took it. I'm proud of you!