Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Importance of Daily Affirmation

I thought I was doing well. So I quit my reading excercises including reading out my daily affirmation statements. Then I could see the difference right away. I was all nervous all the time again.

Today I went back on track of my daily practice. Reading out loud my affirmation statements that I created for my self. They're all positive statements about myself and good wishes for my family. I have to say they do help a lot.

Keep telling your mind something, your mind will eventually believe it. Keep telling yourself positive things, one day you'll automatically believe what you've been telling yourself. That's the way it works!

I meant to post pictures of a Buddhist temple I visited on the past Sunday. I will do that soon.

4 comments:

Sangye Norbu said...

《慈经》
http://www.evdd.com/bbs/wdbread.php?forumid=19&filename=f_120

Dan H said...

I'm glad you went back to your affirmations. I am not very consistent about that, and I should try harder.

I would like to see the pictures of the Buddhist temple. There is a Buddhist temple here in Charlotte that I drive past sometimes. It looks very interesting, although I have never gone inside.

Miyonao said...

非常感谢,诺布师傅。我正想找一些佛教方面的 affirmation 来念呢。这个看起来很不错。请问念经的时候有没有什么方法之类的。比如说一天念几次,什么时间等等。

Miyonao said...

Thanks for your commnet, Dan. Sometimes I'm lazy or am thinking I'm already better and no need to read it anymore, but then I could tell the difference in me right away. These days I try to do it every morning and read them out loud. I realized that reading them silently in a train or something doesn't help much. Reading out loud makes the difference.