Monday, October 6, 2008

New Job

So today was my first day at the new job. Didn't really do anything, just signed the contract, had lunch with some coworkers (very nice spicy food, loved it), and read some materials. But a lady caught me chatting with a friend... She seems like an administration staff who helps around the office. Is it kind of bad to get caught chatting on the first day? Well, at least she wasn't my boss. It would've been sooo embarrassing.

Well, China is the one country that makes new employees go check up their health before getting hired. Maybe this started after SARS? Well, maybe since a lot of people are from rural areas and they may bring disease to the city. So I went to the check-up yesterday. One tube of blood was taken. Also had type-B ultrasonic. The nurse said my heart beat rate was slower than usual. So I asked her if it was a good thing. She said people exercise often have slower heart beat rate. I don't exercise regularly, but I liked what I heard. Does it mean I have a stronger heart? Or is my yoga exercise I do from time to time contributing? Does it even mean that maybe I'm a calm person? It probably doesn't....hehe... But I'd like to think that way. I was happy about the result anyway.

China is also one country where a suit is not required for interviews and jeans are allowed to wear at work. Of course not all workplaces are like that, but a lot of them have no dress code. Today, I kind of dressed nicely, but I'm gonna dress down tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lula said...

I'm glad you had a good day! And that's great you dress casually at work-we have the same rules, it makes for a more comfortable environment I think.

Have a great second day as well!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first day. I am glad it went good. I bet your yoga helps calm you. I have lower blood pressure too but I think it is from medication because I am lucky to exercise once every 2 months. Have a great week!