Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Poor Puppy's Destiny

I heard a very sad story yesterday about a poor puppy that I've never met. My cousin's mother-in-law's household had him(don't know the sex of the dog though) as a loved one for a while. Unfortunately, he was only their most loved one until a human new born arrived. He was then been kept in their balcony all the time and wasn't allowed inside of their apartment. If he ever tried to get inside, everyone yelled at him to get out.

The puppy realized that he wasn't loved anymore. So he found a chance to run outside and never came back. He was maybe looking for a family who would fall in love with him and bring him back home. Their family members felt bad and looked for him, but only to find out that the puppy was hit by a car and died...

I think maybe there should be a law making people to acknowledge that having a pet is no less of a responsibility than having a baby before they purchase a pet. It seems to me that some people treat them as objects, welcoming them to their home only when they love them and kicking them out whenever the need for love is replaced by something else.

I did then think that maybe it was the puppy's karma. Maybe he did something bad in his past life. But I know in my heart that no dog is evil in this world. Only humans and circumstances will make them as "bad dogs." In my mind, they're all angels. I love all of them very very much. And I don't wanna hear a sad story like this anymore. It just makes me wanna cry...

2 comments:

Sangye Norbu said...

每一个众生都渴望幸福。不希望感受痛苦。
但所做的却往往会成为导致自己痛苦的因。
这就是“颠倒梦想”。

小狗的遭遇(果)有它的因。
遗弃小狗(因)的人将来会感受他的果。

所以众生都是很辛苦的。
加害者比被害者更可怜。

Miyonao said...

嗯,您说的很有道理。我也深信因果,所以今生想多多留下好的“因”,今生如果不能得到好的果,也希望来世会有。我对西藏生死书里面说的关于现代社会过于注重物质生活的看法也感受很深。现代人真的像活在一场游戏里面,很多人为了享受根本不必要的物质去藐视对内心世界的追求,有些人甚至在这个盲目的追求中不惜带给他人心灵上的创伤。