Monday, September 15, 2008

List of Good Things Happened Today

1. I visited my childhood best friend who is expecting a new born in three months.

2. I was more comfortable talking to her than the last time we hanged out. (Last time I saw her, it was our first time seeing each other after ten years being apart.)

3. I also met her husband. He had been in Japan for four years to attend a college in Tokyo area. I was a little nervous talking to him and didn't know what to say. But considering how uncomfortable I ususally get when talking to a stranger, I did okay. At least I didn't panic when I didn't know what to say to him especially when my friend left us by our two for a couple of minutes. It wasn't comfortable for me but at least I was able to stay calm. I wish I could carry on a good conversation with anyone I meet.

4. Her husband cooked for us then left to meet a friend. My friend and I had lunch together, then we talked all afternoon until it was dark. I felt closer and closer to her as time went by. Not completely, but I felt like we were kind of getting back the same feelings we had towards each other when we were kids. We were friends since in kindergarden. I could feel that she was getting more comfortable with me too.

5. I was concious about whether I was calm or nervous. I'm hoping to eventually be able to convert my nervousness to calmness.

6. I bought a gift for their baby. It's a whole set for making fingerprint and footprint for a new born. Not sure she was crazy about it or not(I could tell she wasn't), but I liked it.

No comments: