Wednesday, December 31, 2008

In Love? or Trouble?

I think I might be in love. Just like all my relationships I had in the past, if it does develop somehow, it'll be a relationship that goes to nowhere...

I'm confused again. Why do I have to like someone who's gonna eventually leave? Why do I always like to dig myself a hole that I can't get out?

He is a coworker who's from a foreign country(somewhere outside of China). We all know he'll eventually leave. I never thought of him that way until I chatted with this guy a coworker introduced me who asked me how much I weighed. Out of no reason, I thought of him. I thought of how much we enjoy talking to each other, how much we have in common, how much I admire his intelligence and maturity. It was all unconcious...now it has come up to the surface...and now I'm in "trouble." I won't have the peace of mind that I've had all these days. My brain doesn't let me control what I think. I just end up thinking about him...

I'm going to visit a temple with a girl(coworker) today. I thought to myself that I felt sorry that he couldn't go with us. All these signs of me liking him have come clear to me on the very last day of 2008.

I kind of know that if I really do wanna develop this relationship, he probably won't say no. Because I can tell it's mutual. If I enjoy talking to one person, that person usually feels the same way, isn't it the way it is?

I couldn't focus on work at all yesterday, just chatting with him all day. I was the one who started every conversation. I was one step close to tell him how I felt. Guess I made it pretty obvious??

He left for vacation. I wanted to call him before his plane took off, but I hung up a few seconds after calling. I'm hesitating and didn't know if this was right. I knew I need to calm down and think this through. But I guess I didn't hang up quick enough before my number showed up on his cell phone. He called me back twice later and I missed both. He left a text message saying in Chinese that he was getting on the plane soon and will see me in 2009. It made me happy to see his words that I didn't expect.

I know what I need is not a temporary relationship. I need a true one that we can build into something serious. If this is the condition, then I'd better forget about him right now!

What should I do? Be smart? Or just be stupid like the way I've always been? I guess the answer is pretty obvious... unfortunately and sadly it's just against my mind.

Besides, he is a coworker. Someone I work closely with... Wow, isn't it pretty bad?

Wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

Lula said...

Wow, that is quite the dilemma! But maybe you should just take a chance....maybe he is the one true love, and you'll never know unless you try. You never know, things could work out.

I wish you the best in your decision making.

Happy New Year!

marc aurel said...

only when you let yourself be vulnerable do you fall in love and have that love returned

Shadow said...

happy new year. and if you don't know what to do, try doing nothing. something usually comes from it.

Miyonao said...

Thanks all for your advice. I've calmed down a little bit. I'll see how it goes.

Shadow, that sounds a great idea. Wise advice, thank you!