Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Capital Museum, Beijing China

Last Sunday, I visited the Capital Museum with three coworkers. An amazing experience that was beyond my expectation. I somehow invited the right people without knowing beforehand that one of them was also interested in Buddhism like me. Not just Buddhism, like me, she enjoys all aspects of cultural things. People like that are just so cool.

Not only fascinating Buddhist statues from various ancient periods and breath-takingly beautifully carved jades blew me away, the discussions took place between me and my coworkers made the experience 10 times better than if I went alone. Since many items did not have detailed descriptions(you have to get a audio guide or something), everytime we saw something interesting, we discussed what we thought their purpose of use was. I really enjoyed their company. So glad they came along. Can't wait to go with them again.

Anyways, take a look of these jades if you like.
http://www.capitalmuseum.org.cn//js/yq.htm

Our company organized a ski tour on this Saturday. I'll let you know how that went too. It'll be my first time to ski.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

5 comments:

Shadow said...

merry christmas miyonao

spacedlaw said...

That sounds great! Finding people to do things with is a blessing.
Have a merry Christmas and be careful with the skiing.

Lula said...

Beautiful-I'm glad you had a good time!

Be careful skiing-last time I went I spent most of the time falling on my rear end!

Merry Christmas!

Dan H said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! It's great when you can find someone to share an experience like that with.

I have never been skiing. I hope you have a great time.

Miyonao said...

Thanks a lot everyone! And I hope you all had a wonderful Christimas. I went to skiing today! Wowowowow, it was super fun! I didn't wanna come back. We loved it. At the end of the day, I could ski(in the first-level course) without falling and actually enjoying!! Amazing experience. We were already talking on the way back about when we should go again. I ABSOLUTELY loved everything about it and most importantly I enjoyed my coworkers' companies.