Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fleeting Life

The sudden death of the actress Natasha Richardson reminded me again how fleeting life and everything in the world can be. I wasn't familiar with her, but her husband Liam Neeson is one of my favorite actors. A successful actress, the mother of two children, a lovely woman left behind everyone who love her and everything she loved, only at age of 45.


Oprah Winfrey :
"I just want to say how deeply saddened I am, we all are, by the sudden passing of actress Natasha Richardson yesterday. Our thoughts and prayers are with her husband Liam Neeson , their two sons, the rest of their family and friends. Yet another reminder of how fleeting life can be and how precious. We need to value every moment."
(Source from: http://omg.yahoo.com/news/lindsay-lohan-meryl-streep-remember-nat)

We tend to think that we all live childhood, teenage, adulthood, then old age; that we all live today and will be living tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, and so on. But life has always been suggesting otherwise. Your life or mine can be ended anytime today or tomorrow. When you leave home in the morning, there's no guarantee that you will return at night. That's how fragile and short life can be.

Just like Oprah said, knowing this truth of life makes us treasure today, right this moment. Makes us appreciate what we have and who we have in our lives, each day, each moment. Urges us to seize every moment we can to work hard towards our goals.

How lucky we are to live this wonderful day...


P.S. I'm inviting fellow bloggers to correct my English. I'm sure there're a lot of errors in my writing, or maybe just unnatural English phrases and sentences. I'll really appreciate it if any of you are interested in doing so. I can tell that I'm losing my English these days, especially for the speaking part. I get no one to talk to in here! Gotta find some native friends...

Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Shadow said...

oh i know how you feel. i'm german born and bred, and now??? not speaking, not reading, not hearing it, it like it goes into hiding...

Lula said...

Thank you for such a thoughtful post. I too was saddened, and her death reminded me that when your time is up-it's up. This is all we get, and we should live life to the fullest.

She had a wonderful life, and will be sorely missed.

As far as correcting your English goes, I would like to help but I'm not sure how to go about it. Perhaps in emails? Or would you like advice just in the comment section?