Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Catch and Turn

Very often, I'm angry for no reason. Just feel like picking up a fight with someone. Nobody offended me or anything. Nothing bad happened either. Just irritated for no reason. Why do we do that? Imbalanced horomones?

Well, maybe there were some little things that didn't happen in the way I expected which made me upset. Just some silly things. Maybe I'm too self-centered.

Thanks to Buddhism, now I learned when that happens, first I need to catch myself doing it. Then turn that frustration or irritation into something calm and positive. The hard part is to constantly be aware of the condition of your mind. Sometimes I can only catch that after the storm is gone and the damage is done. However, by practicing this overtime, one should be able to catch it as soon as such irritation appears. The goal is to eventually be free of frustraion, irritaition, jealousy, hatred and all kinds of negative feelings we human beings possess.

I know it sounds difficult, but it's possible by practicing overtime. The key again is consistency. Never give up.

2 comments:

Shadow said...

ho boy. some truth in that, i can see... maybe i should try that too...

marc aurel said...

I've left you an award on my blog!